Many factors could affect the decision to straighten your teeth. There are different reasons why adults would object to having their teeth straightened. If you ask why they don’t just go for it, you’re likely to hear one of the following answers :
- Metal braces don’t look good! The idea of wearing brackets and wires can turn a lot of people off. No one likes to have their mouth full of metal for an extended period of time that may last for years. This constitutes a source of embarrassment for most people.
- Braces are so invasive. They interfere with what you eat, what activities you do, and the way you care for your oral hygiene.
- Traditional metal braces are usually costly and the treatment goes on for an extended period of time.
Invisalign can provide answers to these and many other objections that patients usually consider before starting their orthodontic treatment. Invisalign manages to give you the beautiful smile you want, without all the hassles involved in traditional braces.
Invisalign offers a series of clear, invisible, soft plastic aligners designed to progressively shift your teeth to the desired position without needing the wires and brackets of traditional treatments. There are many advantages to opting for invisalign, these include :
- With the clear and transparent aligners offered by Invisalign, the teeth straightening process is virtually undetectable. Saving you any embarrassments.
- The aligners are removable. They can be taken out during meals, snacks and you can continue to have all your favorite foods and snacks. With traditional braces, you are forced to limit many crunchy foods that are otherwise healthy but may cause damage to your apparatus.
- There are no wires and therefore no risk for inflammation or injury.
- Because Invisalign aligners are removable, You can still maintain your dental hygiene as if you weren’t going through any treatment. The patient can brush and floss all areas of their teeth and maintain a good oral health. This helps you avoid a number of problems related to poor oral hygiene .
What about the time and effort factor ? With Invisalign, caring for the progress of your treatment is virtually similar to what you would normally do daily. The only extra time needed is during the initial examination. Pictures, x-rays, and impressions are taken and the technician can design and fabricate the series of aligners that would be optimal for your particular case and your particular needs.
The cost of Invisalign is comparable to that of traditional wire and metal braces. The value of Invisalign treatment has been recognized by most insurance companies. In case you don’t have dental insurance, many dental providers have payment plans that are designed to accommodate your needs.
In conclusion, Invisalign succeeds in offering a great alternative to the traditional treatment of brackets and wires. With its many advantages, Invisalign answers the many objections that patients have before starting their treatment. Now you have no excuse, and no obstacles stopping you from having the smile of your dreams.